Followers

Wednesday 21 November 2012

Less is More-week 94-theme

Hi everyone from a very wet and windy London town! I've had to make a few quick cards as it appears the builders want to invade my craft space to tap into the electrics! HELP!!!! So I may be MIA for a few days :(
Anyway back to this week's challenge over at LIM towers. It's a theme week and they have chosen

HARDWARE
This could include a variety of things, but most probably it will be  something made of metal!
It could include, brads, charms, eyelets, clips, staples, pins, studs etc.
If nothing fitting this description appears in your supplies, faux hardware will probably suffice... as long as it looks good!

I had several ideas and ended up making 3 cards! Definitely got the GOETTER bug:)


This was very quick and easy with some torn paper edged with white ink and a metal seahorse which is actually the National Epilepsy badge that I got for donating to one of my students that suffers from it. Old SeeDee sentiment to finish.


This was a digi image fished out of my scraps bag, matted onto black card and decorated with a press stud. The flourish is from SU Everything Eleanor, another quick card!


This last card was my first idea, using an Anna Griffin stamp from her Hardware set, (appropriate) embossed with silver and a tiny metal key and heart attached with a brad. I searched everywhere for these charms and only found them this morning in the safe place that I had put them! The sentiment is handwritten as you can probably tell:)

Thanks for taking the time to visit I hope to return the favour!

16 comments:

Viv said...

Three fabulous cards Val, my fav is the lovely blue sea witht he cute seahorse on the first one I think.Oh poor you kicked out of your craft room, how will you cope arghh!!!:) Viv xx

Sue said...

All three are lovely, Valerie, but I think I like the first best. I really like the torn paper and combo of blue and white. Sue x

Chrissie said...

Wowser Val, these are A-MAY-ZING!
I LOVE the seahorse one.
Definitely a Susan!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
I' m glad the christening went well!

Stamps and Paper said...

Great cards Val and love your hardware

Anne

Unknown said...

Gosh Val - having a Susan moment eh? Must be the threat of builders invading your space! Great cards. Love the seahorse and also the Annariffin with the press stud. I'm desperately trying (not very sucessfully) to get ready for a big craft fair on Saturday - not sure I'm going to get through the floods though........

Karen x

Meggymay said...

A fabulous selection of cards, love the additions.
Yvonne

Anonymous said...

A wonderful selection Valerie with just the right little touches to each one.
Wishes
Lynne

Loll said...

Three fabulously artistic and CAS cards! Love them all!

lada_vl said...

Very laconic and interesting card!

Aquarius said...

Three great offerings to fit this theme - why can we never remember our 'safe places'

Jenny said...

Three fabulous card Val and some great ideas for hardware too.... the press stud is especially genius :0)
Hope the builders let you in the craftroom again soon!!
Jenny x

Jen Nelson said...

first one has to be my fave Val... but it has the sea and seahorses on it

thanks for joining us
Jen x
Less Is More

Rosemary said...

wow... what a gorgeous set of cards, val! love the first one...so clever and that seahorse charm is just so sweet!

Shirley said...

They are all simply wonderful! Some are pretty, others are elegant, and then there are the just plain beautiful!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on being showcased on LIM - well done.

Karen x

Darnell said...

You have indeed got the Susan bug!! These are ALL stunning! Well-deserved congratulations for the LIM shoutout!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...