Followers

Wednesday 26 September 2012

Addicted to stamps-theme

Hi everyone, lordy, lordy what's happened to the temperature! It's freezing here but at least it's stopped raining and I've had a lovely weekend with Charlie who hadn't forgotten me since last week:)
Our challenge this week at ATS is a theme and we are asking to see cards depicting SPRING. The DT have created some fabulous cards and I hope you like my card this week:)



I decided to make a tri-fold shutter card and keep it fairly simple. I used cream cardstock and a piece of paper with butterflies and flowers which I think is quite spring like.  I cut out some of the butterflies and flowers and popped them up for dimension. The main flower is a stamp from SU Mixed Bunch, inked in Pretty Pirouette, Certainly Celery and Rose Red and punched out with leaves from the bird on a branch punch. The sentiment is by WOW.


I do hope you'll play along this week, we love to visit your blogs to see your cards.
I'd just like to welcome my latest follower, Jean and thank you for choosing to follow my blog:)
Good luck with this week's challenge!

13 comments:

Sasha said...

Your card looks really lovely, Val. Your popped up butterflies, flowers and leaves look really effective. Love the colours, too.
I hate to wish our time away, but oh how I long for Springtime. This weather is so depressing...isn't it? xx

Kylie said...

This is amazing, Val. What a wonderful springtime card you have made. The butterflies are beautiful xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Pretty tri fold card lovely Flores and butterflies gorgeous spring colours....and yes it has gone really cold...

Anne

Aquarius said...

Wow - this is supposed to be fairly simple??? LOL. Lovely shaped card and very spring-like to brighten a cold and dull autumn day

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card Valerie WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing design gorgeous spring colours and the butterflies and flowers are stunning.

Marie

Jacqueline said...

Such a pretty card Valerie - love the butterflies - Jacqueline xx

Vicky Hayes said...

This is just gorgeous Val and yes, I think it's a great idea to stop making Christmas cards and other chilly creations and come up with a burst of sunshine! Of course Charlie wouldn't forget you! Vicky x

Unknown said...

A really pretty spring card Val - really zingy colours. Gosh it must have got really cold in North London.......wet and windy (well perhaps that's just Tony......!) but not that cold yet.......watch this space.

Karen x

Danielle Vincent said...

I really like this specially folded card - it's been ages since I made one but now I think I need to try again. Love those butterflies! Thanks for the inspiration :o)

G Peplow said...

Glad you got to see little Charlie bear again and so soon after your hols:0) This new card is really pretty I love the bright red butterflies and the shape of tyour card is just great, :0) Gay x

Shirley said...

Love that fold and the bright and cheerful colors too!

Patrice said...

Love the fancy fold Val, your bright colours and butterflies scream Spring to me. Sorry it's getting cold for you but glad it's warming up on my side of the world :)

x

Aileen said...

Love your trifold card and all the butterflies are perfect for spring. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...