Followers

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Less is More week 59-Theme

Evening all are you sitting comfortably, this is longer than usual!! Firstly this weeks's theme at Less is More is MASKING but still to be clean and simple with lots of white space. Lots of white space usually means an inky finger somewhere! Anyway here is what I came up with after a couple of other ideas went pear shaped:


The postage stamp is a very old one from Stamp Addicts as is the daisy, which is a four sided one called Carol's cube. I stamped the postage stamp in black onto the card base and then onto a post it. I cut out the centre panel and stamped the daisy in gold ink off the edge. I cut around the top of the mask and stamped another daisy. I used a water pen to colour in using SU Pretty Pirouette. I added gold glitter to the centre of the flowers. The sentiment is from a set by Sheena Douglass.
It looks slightly skewed in the photo but not IRL!





As some of you may have noticed I recently became a grandmother :)) and this resulted in us receiving congratulatory cards, two of which I'd like to show you. The first is from my sister Karen, whose blog you may be aware of, and it has a photo of Charlie on the front along with some lovely embellishments.


The next card was a lovely surprise from Christine, who lives in Belgium. We follow each others blogs and have exchanged cards once before, she creates beautiful cards and I was delighted to receive this one: Isn't it cute?

We went down to Portsmouth to see Charlie on Sunday for Mother's Day and as it was Lara's first Mother's Day I made her a card and here it is:



I've used SU papers and Everything Eleanor stamps. It resembles a shaped gate fold but when it opens the inside flap lifts up.





I used Anna Griffin punches on the green paper.




The window frame is a die and I cut the bottom off and popped it up to create a window box. The scenes is a Pilkington Lane stamp coloured with PM's. The flowers are a little punch with a pearly dot in the centre.

And here is the centre of our universe and the lovely flowers that he gave me for Mother's Day:)



Hope you managed to stay with me during this longer than usual post, if you did many thanks for your time:)


21 comments:

Chrissie said...

This is lovely Val, I don't know if I actually passed on my congratulations on the arrival of Charlie, it's lovely to see a pic of him, you must be so proud.
What is your title? Are you granny or grandma, Nanny or Nan or something more innovative?
Super card anyway!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Mandi said...

Lovely card Valerie
Your Grandson is gorgeous, welcome to the world Charlie


Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Aquarius said...

Well done for getting the masking done with no inky fingerprints - that's the trouble with the 'clean and simple' look, you can't use embellishments to hide any marks!! Thanks for sharing the other pictures too some lovely cards - he is gorgeous.

Aileen said...

Super job on the masking. Congratulations on your new arrival, Charlie is just gorgeous. What wonderful cards you received and I love the gate fold card you made too. x

Scrapmate said...

Lovely cards & congrats on becoming a grandma.

Unknown said...

Good example of masking Val - pretty card.

Anonymous said...

The flower inside the postage stamp is such a lovely idea.
Wonderful cards and of course your precious Grandson.
Wishes
Lynne

Dolly Daydreams said...

Val where to begin !!! Well with your gorgeous grandson of course ! Already buying flowers that's a good sign, what a beautiful little boy he is you must be so very proud. Lots of lovely cards you have received your sister Karen's is beautiful, as for your LIM card great masking and such a pretty stamp too . Love the mothers day card you made what a gorgeous design and beautiful colours.

Marie

GinaA said...

Fab LIM card, gorgeous grandson.

Christine said...

Great cards Valerie and beautiful flowers!
Hug
Christine

Meggymay said...

Your little grandson is a gorgeous.
Love the LIM card , real clever masking with the daisy.
Yvonne x.

Rosemary said...

your LIM card is lovely, val!! and your grandson is just adorable!! what a beautiful card you made for his mum!!

Victoria said...

A fabulous card. And what a beautiful baby boy!

Helen in the UK said...

Your card is the epitomy of LIM and BEAUTIFUL with it! Congrats :)

G Peplow said...

Many congratulations Valerie, fabulous news and welcolme to Baby Charlie, he looks a darling:0) Clever too, to remember it was Mothering Sunday, such talent LOL
Beautiful cards all aound here, love your LIM card especially , hugs Gay xxx

G Peplow said...

Welcome even, lost my spelling capabilities now, LOL xx

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh Val, it's just lovely to hear how much you're enjoying being a grandmother! Your cards are lovely as always, as is your sister's - what a creative family! Vicky x

Susan said...

Val, little Charlie is just adorable!! I know how proud you are. Love on him as much as possible...because believe me, they grow up WAY too fast!! I have a granddaughter getting married next month, and it seems like yesterday that I was bouncing her on my lap!!! Fab job on your card this week...I love that daisy!!

Loli said...

Hola Val.CONGRAUTLATIONSSSSSSSS!!!!beautiful little boy:D, this photo reminds me my son (7 years old now)oh my dear Val, the time fly, i think to much fast, blessing for this baby, i wish for him only good things in this life, is pisces, like me:D:D:D!!!,pisces... good people.:D
Fantastic masking card and fantastic set for your family, cards plenty of love, beautiful works Valerie, as always.
A hug from Palma

Sally H said...

Congratulations and welcome to baby Charlie. He look a gorgeous little bundle of Joy. I love your cards, Val. Both beautiful - can't choose between them!

Viv said...

What super cards again Val, love the LIM one & I bet Lara was thrilled with the mother's day one too.Awwww how beautiful your Charlie is too, we are so lucky aren't we to have two such lovely angels.I got flowers a card and a mug with from your cheeky monkey from my Charlie too . Enjoy cuddling duties, he he:) Viv xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...